Citiboi Search

Thursday, September 30, 2010

Huh?

Wow its be some days since I last put a post up. Which really shouldn't happen since I have so much to say but I guess better late than never.

Today i'm in my "Huh" mood. We all know when we use the word "huh", to basically express our confusion or disbelief in something and I definitly have used it in the last couple of days with various things going on.

Lindsay Lohan

The first MAJOR "Huh Moment" goes to Lindsay Lohan and why this woman cannot stay off drugs and why they cant seem to keep her crack head behind in jail for doing drugs. Now for those (althougth there are not many) ringing their hater alarms at me, dont get me wrong, I used to LOVE me some Lindsay Lohan back in the day, especially when she started doing all the teen movies. I think I watched Confessions of a Teenage Drama Queen, and Mean Girls like ten times. Also she was one of the few white girls I was attracted to (Dont hate me I have my preferences. LOL) I think she used to have a banging body no pun intended. But as of late I dont understand what is up with all the drugs, this girl was rich beyond rich raking in the money like fall leaves but she wants to throw that all away for heroin and crack. I DONT get it. Now lets compare a regular person with Lindsay Lohan. Do you honestly think any normal person would get off with as many chances as the courts are giving her with these drugs. The girl goes back to court because she fails a court ordered drug test which she has to do because she is on probation and all they do is send her to jail for some hours and lets her DECIDE if she wants to go to rehab. HUH? If that was me as soon as that drug test would have been failed the court would have had the police taser me, fold me into a chicken wing and drag my behind to prison for a parole violation. Then when I got out they would have sent me to the Nazi drug rehab where they beat you with billy clubs all day and refuse to feed you until you dont want drugs anymore. Basically you all get my point. I hope this girl gets the help she needs because it is so sad to watch somone kill themselves like this, especially when they have so much promise...



Before

After





 Lyfe Jennings



For those who dont know, Lyfe Jennings is a singer who rose to fame with his first album titled Lyfe 268-192. The number in the title represents his inmate number while he was in prison. If you have never heard the first album I strongly suggest that you should. I must admit when I heard his first single Must be Nice I COMPLETELY hated it. But one day my sister asked could she put the cd on in my car and I absolutely loved it. I had not heard such a heartfelt, real album in a long time. The way the album was arranged was basically following his life from before he went to prison, during his stint, and when he got out. The man is a wonderful writer and truly conveyed his feelings in his songs. But lets fast forward from 2004 when his debut album came out to 2010 when I see on the internet this man is going back to jail for three years. Why? Becasue of a fight he had with his baby's mother where he tried to kick her door in, pulled a gun and shot it in the air and then ran from police, all while on probation. So three years was his sentence. HUH? Why do I say huh? I cannot understand for the life of me why with all the success this man has achieved he has to throw it all away for an argument with his baby mamma. I'm sorry but that lady better have done something so heinous to him that  I would want to find her and shoot a gun in the air. I 'm sure it was something very basic like she let some other man drink his cool-aid or something. When will these people who have begun to accomplish so much in their lives learn to leave the foolishness alone and enjoy themselves sensibly. I guess the statement is very accurate , "you can take the boy out the hood, but not the hood out of the boy." Well on a brighter note he will probably have a hot album ready when he gets out. LOL...

Citiboi Corner

When I turn the conversation on a more personal note I have decided to call it Citiboi Corner. This week I must say my foundation was kind of shaken with a stupid argument on Facebook. It started off with fun and games but eventually someone got serious and both me and a close friend said some things to each other that were really not nice at all. This led to us not talking for a couple of days but the things that weighed upon my mind was people's view of me and who I really could trust to be completely open with. It really does hurt when you find that someone that is close to you may have a view of you that you do not agree with. Then the question rises well who else thinks that? Should I be changing to combat that view? Or should I run around skeptical of everyone telling everybody off that I even think is thinking something bad about me? The conclusion I came to is to still be who I am which is a happy, crazy, fun, loving person and to trust but at the same time be cautious so that I dont let the wrong people get too close. Me and my friend are good now but in the back of my mind I wonder has all the damage caused by both parties been healed? I guess only time will tell.

Citiboi

No comments:

Post a Comment